In this hint, I will show How to
Configure Windows Authentication in IIS 7
I tried to publish an ASP.Net web application on IIS 7 that by default only enables anonymous authentication.
But I need to use Windows authentication to allow users to be authenticated using the NTLM.
Note: Windows authentication is not appropriate for use in an Internet environment, because that environment does not require or encrypt user credentials.
Configure Windows Authentication in IIS7
- Run command prompt from the start menu.
- Type the below cmdlet to install IIS Windows Authentications.
- Again, Type “inetmgr” to open IIS and click ok.
- The IIS should be opened.
- Select your site > Click on Authentication icon.
- Enable Windows authentication.
Note: The default setting for Windows authentication is Negotiate. This setting means that the client can select the appropriate security support provider.
To force NTLM authentication, you must change the value of the <Provider> element under the <windowsAuthentication> element in the ApplicationHost.config file.