In this hint, I elaborates How to uninstall a SharePoint (WSP) Solution Package by following the mentioned steps below :
Uninstalling a SharePoint Solution from SharePoint farm is performed through two steps:
- Retract a solution.
- Remove a solution.
To uninstall a SharePoint Solution from SharePoint farm via Central Administration.
- Open Central Administration > System Settings > Manage farm solutions.
- In Solution Management > Click on the solution that you need to uninstall it.
- In Solution Properties > Retract Solution.
- Retract Now > Retract From > OK.
- The solution is now Retracting.
- Wait till the status will be “Not Deployed”
- Again,Click on the solution name > Click Remove.
To uninstall a SharePoint Solution from SharePoint farm via SharePoint Management Shell.
Retract a Solution.
Uninstall-SPSolution -Identity <SolutionName> -WebApplication <URLName>
Remove a Solution.
Remove-SPSolution -Identity <SolutionName>