In this hint, I will elaborate
How to uninstall a SharePoint (WSP) Solution Package?
Uninstalling a SharePoint Solution from SharePoint farm is performed through two steps:
- Retract a solution.
- Remove a solution.
To uninstall a SharePoint Solution from SharePoint farm via Central Administration.
- Open Central Administration > System Settings > Manage farm solutions.
- In Solution Management > Click on the solution that you need to uninstall it.
- In Solution Properties > Retract Solution.
- Retract Now > Retract From > OK.
- The solution is now Retracting.
- Wait till the status will be “Not Deployed”
- Again, Click on the solution name > Click Remove.
To uninstall a SharePoint Solution from SharePoint farm via SharePoint Management Shell.
To remove a sharePoint solution from a farm, you must first retract it using the below Cmdlet:
Retract a SharePoint Solution
Uninstall-SPSolution -Identity contoso_solution.wsp
Remove a SharePoint Solution.
After retracting the Sharepoint solution, you can now remove it via the below Cmdlet:
Remove-SPSolution -Identity contoso_solution.wsp
- SharePoint 2013.
- SharePoint 2016.