After you install this hotfix, you should restart the User Profile Synchronization service by following the mentioned steps below :
- Go to the Central Administration > System Settings section > click Manage Services.
- In the list of services that is displayed > find the User Profile Synchronization service, > Click Stop if the status of the service is Started. > Restart it again.
Also run the SharePoint Products and Technologies Configuration Wizard PSConfigUI.exe.
This wizard upgrades and updates the farm to the latest version. This step is required in order to guarantee that you have full SharePoint functionality. The farm will still function if you do not run PSConfigUI.exe, but the farm will have reduced functionality. For example, the search function will not index content.
To install The Cumulative update check the following
- Download SharePoint Foundation 2010 December 2012 CU
- Download SharePoint Server 2010 December 2012 CU
- Download SharePoint Server 2010 with Project Server December 2012 CU