In this article, I am going to solve the below issue
Could not load user profile in SharePoint
When I was browsing the Intranet SharePoint Portal, I noticed a strange behavior where
The personal image in SharePoint Web Application is not the same as the personal image in MySite!
This is the personal image in Web Application.
This is the personal image in MySite
This issue might occur if the User Profile Synchronization Service has been configured twice and the UPSs service that associated to the main web application differs from the UPSs service that associated to the MySite host.
I tried to investigate this issue by doing the following :
- Central Administration > Application Management > Manage Service Applications.
- In Service applications lists, I noticed that there are two user profile synchronization services that have been configured on the same farm.
- I go back to Application Management > Service Application > Configure Service Application Associations, to check which UPSs service that has already connected to the main web application and MySite?
- I have confirmed that the UPSs service that associated to the main web application differs from the UPS service that associated with MySite.
Delete User Profile Synchronization Service
I have tried to delete UPSs service that associated to the main web application that has been deleted successfully but when I went back to browse the SharePoint site, I got the below error.
Could not load user profile
This occurs because there is no User Profile Synchronization Service attached to the current web application.
So if you face this issue make sure that you have configured the UPSs correctly and it already attached to the web application and Mysite host.
- Again, I went back to Application Management > Service Application > Configure Service Application Associations.
- Select the main web application to associate the current UPSs service to it.
- Select “Custom” and check the “UPSs service application proxy“.
- The same User Profile Sync service is now associated with both
- Main web application,
- My Site.
- Browse the main web application that should be now working properly.
- SharePoint 2013.
- SharePoint 2010.
- User Profile Synchronization Service Stuck on ‘Starting’
- User Profile Synchronization Service Starting then Stopped in SharePoint