During browsing the SharePoint Intranet Portal, I found out a strange behavior where The personal image in SharePoint Web Application is not the same as the personal image in My Site !
- This is the personal image in Web Application.
- This is the personal image in MySite
This issue might occur if The User Profile Synchronization Service has been configured more than once and the UPS service that associated to the main web application differs from the UPS service that associated to My Site.
I tried to investigate this issue by doing the following :
- Go to Central Administration > Application Management > Manage Service Applications.
- In Service applications lists, I found out that there are two user profile syncronization services that have been configured on the same farm.
- I go back to Application Management > Service Application > Configure Service Application Associations, to check which UPS service that has already connected to the main web application and MySite ?
- I have already found out that the UPS service that associated to the main web application differs from the UPS service that associated to My Site.
- I tried to delete UPS service that associated to the main web application > I go back to browse it, but Unfortunately, I got the following error.
Could not load user profile
This is because of deleting the UPS service that was associated to the main web application.
If you only have one UPS service and it has been deleted By mistake.in this case, you should configure a new UPS serviec to assosiate it to your web application and over come showing this issue “Could not load user profile“
- Again, I go back to Application Management > Service Application > Configure Service Application Associations.
- Select the main web application to associate the current UPS service to it.
- Select Custom and check the UPS service application proxy.
- The User Profile Sync service Should be now associated with Main web application and My Site.
- Go back to browse the main web application that should be now working properly.
- User Profile Synchronization Service Stuck on ‘Starting’
- User Profile Synchronization Service Starting then Stopped in SharePoint