When I tried to add a custom Data Calendar Control in SharePoint WebPart, But unfortunately I got an error
DLL referenced file not had Strong Key
that inform me the DataCalender.dll is not signing with a strong key.Thence,
- I followed the mention steps in this hint, to sign DataCalender.dll with a strong key that had been signed properly.
- I copied the DataCalender.dll to
- C:\inetpub\wwwroot\wss\VirtualDirectories[port]_app_bin folder of SharePoint Web Application.
- I opened Visual Studio > Open SharePoint Solution > Solution Explorer > Add reference for DataCalender.dll that located in Bin folder of SharePoint Web Application.
- I deployed the SharePoint Solution that has been deployed successfully.
But unfortunately When I tried to add the Visual WebPart to a SharePoint Page I got the following error :
The SharePoint does not have the trust level to run this Visual WebPart .
To solve this issue,you should follow the mentioned steps below one by one :
- Install DataCalender.dll (your dll file) with strong key to GAC. It will then get full trust.
- Go into the web.config of SharePoint site and add it to the trusted list.
- Make sure that the dll file is exist in
- C:\inetpub\wwwroot\wss\VirtualDirectories[port]_app_bin folder. This is set in the global SharePoint config to fully trust any assemblies in there.
- Temporary Change the Trust tag in web config <trust level=”WSS_Minimal” originUrl=”” /> to <trust level=”Full” originUrl=”” />.
- Deploy the Visual WebPart then rollback the Trust tag in web config from <trust level=”Full” originUrl=”” /> to <trust level=”WSS_Minimal” originUrl=”” />.
For more details about Data Calendar check this