In this article, I will solve the below SharePoint issue
Unable to save a document back into SharePoint Document Library.
In SharePoint, when I tried to create a new document within a document library. I observed that it saved on the local PC, not saved directly on the SharePoint document library!
I did the following:
- I opened a document library.
- I clicked on a new word document. > Type data > Save.
The “Save As dialog” asking for a save location that points to a local drive on my local computer! that should be the path of parent SharePoint document library.
The “WebClient” service is not installed on each WFE SharePoint Server in the farm. or maybe it was stopped.
- Open Web-Front-End Server and press Ctrl+R and type Services.msc.
- Try to search for “WebClient” service by pressing W.
Note: If the WebClient service was not listed, so you should install it as mentioned at Couldn’t Find WebClient Service Within Services List on Windows Server 2012 R2 / Install Desktop Experience feature
- Right Click on Service name > Select Properties.
- Beside Startup type, Set it to Automatic > Press Start Then OK.
- Reboot your server and try again .
Note: Repeat the previous steps for each WFE SharePoint Server within the SharePoint farm.
The document should be now saved directly on SharePoint document library.
Adjust Excel Options to Save to SharePoint Document Library
In case, you followed the previous steps and the issue still exist,
Try to check Offline editing options for document management server files as the following :
- Excel > Excel Options > Save > below Offline Editing > check the the web server.
- SharePoint 2013.
- SharePoint 2010.