Yesterday, I tried to open the SharePoint portal but unfortunately the page can not be displayed ! Thence,
- I checked the proxy settings in browser.
- I made sure that all servers within farm running.
- I checked SQL server status that running.
The database is not accessible.
The current specified database mode is a SINGLE_USER that allow only one user at a time can access the database and is generally used for maintenance actions.
- Open SQL Management studio and login as SQL authentication with “sa” system account.
- Open a new Query > Type the following query to list all system process ID based on specific database.
Select spid from sysprocesses p inner join sysdatabases d on p.dbid = d.dbid where d.name = 'database' . where database is your database name . ex :\Select SPID from sysprocesses p inner join sysdatabases d on p.dbid = d.dbid where d.name = 'WSS_Content_9005'
- Kill all SPID listed in output of previous query.
Kill SPID ex :\ Kill 85 where 85 is the result of the previous query .
- After you killed all process, set the database mode to MULTI_USER.
ALTER DATABASE 'database' SET MULTI_USER . where database is your database name . ex :\ ALTER DATABASE 'WSS_Content_9005' SET MULTI_USER .
The database should be now accessible,the SharePoint portal is now working properly.