If you intend to install SharePoint Server 2013, and you doesn’t have an Internet Connection thence you will need to install SharePoint Server 2013 prerequisites offline without using Preparation Tool.
Note: Although you are having an internet connection you maybe also can’t install SharePoint Server 2013 prerequisites using Preparation Tool because of you are trying to install SharePoint Server 2013 on Windows Server 2012 R2, that require a SharePoint Server 2013 with SP1 to be working properly.
Therefore, you should install the following roles & features manually.
- Application Server
- Web Server (IIS)
- EDIT: IIS 6 Management Console (h/t Darma)
- ASP.NET 4.5
- Windows Identity Foundation 3.5
Then downloading the following files:
- SQL Server 2008 R2 SP1 Native Client
- Microsoft WCF Data Services 5.0
- Microsoft Information Protection and Control Client (MSIPC)
- Microsoft Sync Framework Runtime v1.0 SP1 (x64)
- Windows Identity Extensions
- Windows Identity Foundation (KB974405) (you can Install it as a feature)
- Windows Server AppFabric
- Cumulative Update Package 1 for Microsoft AppFabric 1.1 for Windows Server (KB 2671763).
After all the prerequisites have been installed, I tried to run SharePoint 2013 Installation. but unfortunately I got the following error:
Windows Server AppFabric is not correctly configured.You Should uninstall Windows Server Appfabric and reinstall it using The SharePoint Products Preparation Tool.
Windows Server AppFabric is not correctly installed this usually occur if you tried to install it by double clicking on its Setup file.
Kindly, keep in mind that all downloaded files can be installed by running setup file
Thence, to install ‘WindowsServerAppFabricSetup_x64.exe’ , follow the mentioned steps below:
- Move WindowsServerAppFabricSetup_x64.exe to drive C:/
- Type the following command line in PowerShell
.\WindowsServerAppFabricSetup_x64.exe /i CacheClient,CachingService,CacheAdmin /gac
- If you got any error during running the previous command try to run it again without using its Parameters.
.\WindowsServerAppFabricSetup_x64.exe /i /gac
- Wait until AppFabric installation finish.
- Click on ‘AppFabric1.1-RTM-KB2671763-x64-ENU.exe’ to install the AppFabric patch.
- Reboot the server > Run SharePoint Installation again where the message error should not be listed again.
Note: If your computer was configured as a Workgroup, you will not be able to install AppFabric for Windows Server.