In Windows server 2012 R2, When I tried to prepare a SharePoint environment that require to install a Web and Application roles that automatically bundle the .Net 4.5 Framework feature.
But when I tried to install Workflow Manager that require to install .Net Framework 3.5. it inform me the .Net Framework 3.5 is not installed on your server.
Thence, I tried to add new feature via Server Manger that require to specify an alternative source path to can continue as shown below.
I specified the source path to .Net Framework 3.5 offline package that located in a new created folder located in path E:\sources\SxS > OK > Install.
But unfortunately,I got the following error
The feature Installation failed because the source files could not be found !
The .Net 3.5 framework in Windows Server 2012 / R2 must be installed from
- The same Windows installation media that used to install windows previously.
- or another Windows media with the same installed version.
- Mount the Windows installation media (ISO/CD) with the same version of current installed windows.(eg. If Windows server 2012 R2 has been installed on your machine you must use installation media for Windows server 2012 R2)
In my case, I didn’t have the same installation media so I downloaded an identical one from Microsoft as trial version.
- After the download has been completed, specify an alternative source path to the path that located inside the Windows server ISO file U:\Sources\SXS
- Click install that should be now installed successfully 🙂