It’s the second time that I see CU not include all fixes previously released! (August CU was the same) therefore, It is highly recommended to have SP1 and September 2014 CU installed before installing October CU for foundation and Server.
The KB articles for October CU are available at the following locations:
- KB 2889946 – SharePoint Foundation 2013 October 2014 CU
- KB 2899469, KB 2880962, KB 2880485 – SharePoint Server 2013 October 2014 CU
- KB 2752098 – Fix for SharePoint 2013 Indexing Connector for Documentum (if installed)
- KB 2889959 – Project Server 2013 October 2014 CU
- KB 2889898 – Office Web Apps Server 2013 October 2014 CU
The Packages for October 2014 CU are available through the following links:
- Download SharePoint Foundation 2013 October 2014 CU: 2889946
- Download SharePoint Server 2013 October 2014 CU: 2899469, 2880962, 2880485
- Download SharePoint 2013 Indexing Connector for Documentum October 2014 CU: 2752098
- Download Project Server 2013 October 2014 CU: 2889959
- Download Office Web Apps Server 2013 October 2014 CU: 2889898
After installing the fixes, you need to run the SharePoint 2013 Products Configuration Wizard on each machine in the farm.therefore, I advice to run the SharePoint 2013 Products Configuration Wizard with SharePoint Management PowerShell using the following Command shown below:
PSConfig.exe -cmd upgrade -inplace b2b -force -cmd applicationcontent -install -cmd installfeatures
Be aware that, the SharePoint Server 2013 CU contains the SharePoint Foundation CU. And the SharePoint Server 2013 with Project Server CU contains Project Server CU, SharePoint Server CU and SharePoint Foundation CU.
It's recommended to try it first in your development environment.
Ref : https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/stefan_gossner/