I have recently restored a Project Server 2010 Farm from Production to Test server,While performing a smoke test by trying to open Project Details Page (PDP) , I encountered the following error
"This Web Part was unable to load."
I performed a quick investigatory by editing the PDP, add a new Project Fields Web Part or any another Project Web Part to ensure that the issue is not related to project data.but unfortunately the issue seem in all Project Web Part type.
After I checked the log file with the related correlation ID, I found out the PWAURL property still set to the Production URL and need to unset.
To unset the PWAURL property,you should follow the mentioned steps below:
- Open SharePoint 2010 Management Shell as Administrator.
- Run the following code one by one.
$Web = get-SPWeb http://servername/pwa
$Web.AllProperties | Format-Table
- Check the PWAURL that was set to old link actually.
- Run the following code to set PWAURL to epmty.
- The PDP should now been open properly.