I have recently restored Project Server 2010 Farm from Production to a Test server that had done properly,
But when I tried to open Project Details Page (PDP), I encountered the below error
The Project Page Detail (PDP) Shows “This Web Part was unable to load.”
I performed a quick investigation by editing the PDP, add a new Project Fields Web Part or any another Project Web Part to ensure that the issue is not related to project data.
but unfortunately, the issue seems in all Project Web Part type.
The PWA URL still points to the Project Server PWA instance URL in Production.
Note: you should check the log file with the related correlation ID to can investigate your issue
UnSet PWAURL property in Project Server using PowerShell
- Open SharePoint Management Shell as Administrator.
- Run the following code one by one.
$Web = get-SPWeb <a href="http://servername/pwa">http://servername/pwa</a> $Web.AllProperties | Format-Table
- Check the PWAURL that was set to old link actually.
- Run the following code to set PWAURL to empty.
- The PDP should be now opening properly.
- Project Server 2013.
- Project Server 2010.