After restoring a PWA Site Collection that has been restored and provisioned successfully. However, when I tried to open the PWA site, I got the following error
The base type ‘Microsoft.Office.Project.PWA.PJBaseWebPartPage’ is not allowed for this page.
This issue usually occurs if you tried to change and customize the default PWA Master Page.
- Because of you can’t open the PWA site, you should try to open site setting as the following
- Below Look and Feel > Click on The Master page.
- Change the current master page with an unmodified Master Page. this will register Microsoft.Office.Project.PWA.PJBaseWebPartPag as safe in the web.config.
- In my case, the previous master page was “v4_Ad,master” and I change it to “V4.Master” or “nightandday.master” (it must be not changed before).
- Don’t forget to check “Reset all subsites to inherit this site master page setting”.
- Now try to navigate to you Project Center that should be worked properly.
- Again, repeat the above steps to change the default master page to your custom master page that should be now working properly.