When I tried to deploy SQL Server Reporting Service Reports, I got the below error:
The report server cannot decrypt the symmetric key used to access sensitive or encrypted data in a report server database
The SSRS encryption keys are not configured properly.
- Open Reporting Service Configuration Manager > Connect to SSRS Server Instance.
- Select ‘Encryption Keys’ from the left pane.
- If you have a backup key with extension “.snk” and Password, Click on the ‘Restore’ button.
- If you do not have Encryption Keys backup key > Click on ‘Delete’ button.
- Wait a moment until getting that result.
- Reconfigure the data sources in your reports by using Report Manager.
Note: No need to do this step if you already have backup Key and restored it.
- Optionally, Restart IIS (Open CMD –> IISRESET).
SQL Server Reporting Service