When I tried to install and configure SharePoint Foundation 2013, next create a new custom list I noticed that the “Alert Me” button is not visible on the ribbon !!
This issue might occur If
- The alerts was disabled on web application.
- Outgoing Mail setting was not configured in the server farm.
First, I thought that this functionality was removed from SharePoint Foundation 2013, but it is still there thence I checked the Alerts setting on web application by doing the following
- Go to Central Administration > Application Management.
- Select your web application > General Settings.
- Beside Alerts > Check the On option was checked.
If the issue still persists, you will need to configure the Outgoing Mail settings in the server farm by doing the following:
- Go to Central Administration > System Settings > Configure outgoing e-mail settings
- Click Configure outgoing e-mail settings > Add SMTP Server IP,From and reply address > Ok
- Go back to ribbon list where the Alert Me should be now visible.