After I have been saved the Project schedule, I tried to browse the Project Center. but unfortunately, I got the following ambiguous error
An unknown error has occurred In Project Center
This is an ambiguous error that requires a special type of tracing to know the root cause of this issue.
You just have two sources to trace your issue
- Event Viewer.
- SharePoint Trace log.
First, try to modify all views in Project Center to be filtered as the below condition
The “Last Published” field is less than the date that the Project Center was rendered properly.
- Open PWA Settings > Look and Feel > Manage Views.
- Below Project Center views > edit all views with a custom filter.
- the project published date is less than a specific date that is the last data the Project Center was rendered properly.
This does not solve the issue, but it allows the Project Center to open without error and show all projects properly else the latest projects that were published recently.
Second, Check the Event Viewer to get the root cause of the issue.
- Open Event Viewer.
- I found out the below log details :
Exception message was Cannot insert duplicate key row in object ‘dbo.UserMemberships’ with unique index ‘CX_UserMemberships_RecordId_MemberGroupId_SID’. The statement has been terminated.
This error means there is an issue in the resources that have been added to your Project Schedule. So Edit your project schedule and make sure that the resources have been added successfully.
- Open SharePoint Management Shell as farm account.
- List all databases information that has not been synchronized with the user profile service by typing the following cmdlet one by one.
stsadm -o sync -listolddatabases n stsadm -o sync -deleteolddatabases n
- The ‘–listolddatabases‘ command lists
- the content databases that have not been synchronized since ‘n’ days.
- The ‘deleteolddatabases‘ command performs
- the same operation as the listolddatabases parameter, except it deletes old records corresponding to these databases. It does not delete the databases themselves. Once the synchronization references are deleted and a new profile synchronization occurs, new references will be stored in the database.
- Go back to the last published projects > open its schedule > Based on Error log that talk about UserMemberShips. thence, the issue might be related to Project Resources > to check that follow the following few steps:
- From project Professional > File > Save & Send > Save As.
- Click Map Resources then Continue to step 2 until finish the import project wizard.
- Save & Publish the schedule and make sure it was published successfuly.
- Remove the previous filter from specific view to test it.
- Great, the project centar is now working propely.
- Update all views by removing the filter back.
- If the problem still persists, try to trace the latest published project till solve the issue.
- Project Server 2013.
- Project Server 2010.