During Provisioning a PWA site , I got “Failed – see the Application event Log”
I checked the Event Viewer
I found out this error log details :
Failed to get schema version of Published database
The common Root Cause of this issue is the Administrator account that was assigned during creating the PWA instance is not has a SYSADMIN access to SQL Server.
To provide the Administrator account SYSADMIN role on SQL Server follow the mentioned steps below :
- Open Central Administrator > Application Management > Manage Service Application.
- Click on Project Server Application Server > Manage.
- Unfortunately, you can’t edit the the failed PWA instance
- So to get the administrator account that used during provisioning the PWA instance using SharePoint Shell follow the mentioned steps below :
- Open SharePoint Management Shell or Windows Shell.
- Type the following simple command
Get-SPProjectWebInstance -Url http://server/pwa
For more details about this command check this hint.
- Open SQL Management Studio.
- Connect to the DB Server.
- Below Security > Logins.
- Double click on the specified administrator account user > Server Roles > Check if it has Sysadmin access as the following.
- Below User Mapping > Map the administrator account to 4 PWA Databases as shown.
- Go Back to PWA Service in Central Administration > Retry to provision the site again
- It’s should now be provisioned successfully.
If administrator account already have the required server role and you still got the same error
- If it’s the first time to provision PWA Instance , Try to delete it and create it again.
- if you are trying to migrate PWA Instance to another farm and you got this error so you must make sure that the destination farm build number is the same to the source farm and to achieve that check this link.