Yesterday,I decided to run an experiment to install SharePoint 2013 on a single server without domain controller, with server type “complete“.
The installation had been completed successfully , But during running the configuration wizard,specifically in “Specify Configuration Database Settings” step. I got the following error.
The Specified user xxx is a local account . Local account should only be used in stand-alone mode.
This error usually occurs because of trying to use a local account with a complete mode.
In this hint, I will show How to overcome this error during installing SharePoint 2013 with complete mode without a domain controller by following the mentioned steps below:
- Before you start, be aware that It is not recommended to
- It is not recommended to install and Configure SharePoint with complete mode without using a domain controller.this only for learning purpose where you will face more issue related to Users & Groups , People Picker ….etc.
- It is not recommended to install the Domain Controller and SharePoint on the same server in Production that will effect on performance.
- Open SharePoint 2013 Management Shell as administrator.
- Type the following command “New-SPConfigurationDatabase” and answer to the Quests then wait until finish.
- Be sure that the Configuration Database already created by going to SQL Server Management Studio.
- Try to run the Configuration wizard.
- After click Next in the previous screen, the following step will be shown. (Note: If not appear select connect to existing server farm).
- Click Next.
- Great, it’s finished successfully.
- Also, Central administration working properly :).