When I tried to use SharePoint Designer to build a custom workflow, I discovered that I can’t create a condition to check if the date is equal to null or not!
In this hint, I will elaborate How to check if the date field is Null by following the mentioned steps below:
Method 1 Steps:
- Create a new field in your list called “null-date” and don’t show it in your default view.
- Open list settings > Advanced Settings.
- Enable Manage Contents Types.
- Go back to list setting , and below content types click the item.
- Click on the “null-date” field from the columns page.
- Click on Hidden.
- Go back to SharePoint designer workflow > add a condition > set the first value to date field item and the second value to a null-date field.
Method 2 Steps:
In SharePoint Designer workflow the default value of the empty date field is ’01/01/0001 12:00 AM’ therefore, you can compare your date field if less than value date like 1900/10/01 so that you will be sure it’s empty.