In this article, I will show How to
Sign in as Different User in SharePoint Designer 2013
Sometimes, you might need to Sign in as Different User in SharePoint Designer 2013 rather than the current login windows user.
Note: Switching Account in Account section in SharePoint Designer 2013 is not considered you have signed as a different user for your SharePoint Designer.
Sign in as Different User in SharePoint Designer 2013 (Method 1)
- Start by opening Internet Explorer.
- Open Tools menu and go to Internet Options.
- Select the Security Tab.
- Select the Intranet Zone (Or your affected zone if your SharePoint site is not on your Intranet)
- Click the button for Custom Level.
- Find “User Authentication” on the list.
- Set this option to “Prompt for Username and Password“.
- Both IE and SharePoint designer are now prompting you for credentials as shown below:
Note: Once you have finished, don’t forget to change back the above IE setting to avoid the prompting credential dialog in internet explorer.
Sign in as Different User in SharePoint Designer 2013 (Method 2):
- Start SharePoint Designer by using the Run as a different user option, by holding the Shift key when you right-click a program icon.
Note: Although I preferred this on-demand method. but unfortunately, it sometimes not working to promote the credential dialog.
- Try now to edit any object like workflow, you should see that the last modified user is the different user that you have used to login to your SharePoint Designer.
- SharePoint Designer 2013.
- SharePoint Designer 2010.
In this article, I have explained How to open SharePoint Designer as a different user?