Sometimes, you might need to sign in as Different User in SharePoint Designer 2013.In this hint, I will demonstrate two methods to achieve that.
- Start by opening Internet Explorer.
- Open Tools menu and go to Internet Options.
- Select the Security Tab.
- Select the Intranet Zone (Or your affected zone if your SharePoint site is not in your Intranet)
- Click the button for Custom Level.
- Find “User Authentication” in the list.
- Set this option to “Prompt for Username and Password”.
- Both IE and SharePoint designer are now prompting me for credentials in any window opened for either application.
- Start SPD by using the Run as a different user option, by holding the Shift key when you right-click a program icon.
In my opinion, I preferred the second on-demand method where the first method will also effect on the SharePoint portal that will ask you for credentials at every time you will try to open it.