In SharePoint 2013, when I tried to Add an app
This issue might occur because of
- You have customized the assigned system master page, some placeholders were deleted or its visibility set to false.
- The App Installation Service timer job is disabled.
To make sure that the issue is related to your custom master page, try to set back the current assigned Master Page to a default one master page that not customized before by following the below steps:
- Open Site settings.
- Below Look and Feel > Click on the Master page.
- Beside the ‘System Master Page’ > Select a default one that not customized before as “oslo” or “Seattle“.
- Go back to add An App that should be now shown properly.
In case of your Apps have been shown properly that means the issue was related to your custom master page.
- Now, go back to Master Page Settings to change the current Master page to your custom master page.
- Open SharePoint Designer > Take a copy from your current custom master page (Copy only HTML file that will do a bundled copy for the master file) to can rollback your changes.
- Edit your Master Page.master file as an advanced mode.
- Make sure that the system custom master page still contains the following placeholders and set to true.
- Search for a plceholder with ID “PlaceHolderLeftNavBar” , “PlaceHolderPageTitleInTitleArea” then remove it.
- Add the following Tags after the last div in your file and before any other placeholders.
<SharePoint:AjaxDelta id="DeltaPlaceHolderLeftNavBar" BlockElement="true" runat="server">
<asp:ContentPlaceHolder id="PlaceHolderLeftNavBar" runat="server">
<SharePoint:AjaxDelta id="DeltaPlaceHolderPageTitleInTitleArea" runat="server">
<asp:ContentPlaceHolder id="PlaceHolderPageTitleInTitleArea" runat="server">
- Try now to add an app that should be now working properly with your custom Master Page.
In a case of the above steps not solved your solution so maybe The App Installation Service timer job is disabled, and to enable it. follow the below steps:
- Make sure that the App Installation Service has been enabled.
- Click on app installation service timer job to adjust its schedule to run every 5 minutes > Click Run Now.
- Go back to add an app that should be now worked properly.