In Project Server, After Provisioning a PWA Instance with the Arabic language, I have tried to browse the Project Center. but Unfortunately, I got the following error
This feature requires either a Gregorian calendar or a calendar that uses a Gregorian recurrence pattern
It looks like the calendar Regional setting in Project Server PWA site collection has been set to Hijri Date, and the Hijri Date is not supported in Project Server based on the below Microsoft response:
It becomes clear that Project Server specifically checks for a Gregorian-based calendar and it does not currently support non-Gregorian calendars.
To overcome this issue, You should Set your Calendar Type to a Gregorian calendar by following the mentioned steps below:
- Because of you can’t open The home page of your PWA Site.So you should navigate directly to the Regional Setting URL based on your PWA Instance name.(In my case, It is
http://your site-collection name/_layouts/15/regionalsetng.aspx
- Beside Set Your Calendar.
- Select Gregorian instead of Hijri.
- Navigate to the Project Center again, It should be now worked properly.
Note: If the PWA Regional Settings is already set to Gregorian, and the issue still exists. So in this case, the issue is related to your calendar settings that need to be adjusted to Gregorian as the following:
- Navigate to your Language and Region Setting URL
- Make sure that the Always follow web settings is checked.
- If you need to use a custom Local,
- Uncheck Always follow web settings.
- Set your Calendar Type to a Gregorian calendar.