During opening Visual Studio, I got the following error message
This task requires the application to have elevated permissions
The current user didn’t have a sufficient privilege to open Visual Studio.
To run Visual Studio with elevated permissions, you should perform any appropriate method for you from the following :
Method (1) – Run Visual Studio as Administrator :
- Right click on VS and select Run as Administrator.
Method (2) – Troubleshoot compatibility :
The previous method should be repeated every time you are going to run the VS. In this method, I will show How to avoid the annoyed compatibility issue by following the mentioned steps below :
- Find Visual Studio > Right Click > Open File Location.
- Right Click on Visual Studio Shortcut > Select Troubleshoot compatibility.
- Select Troubleshoot Program.
- Check The program requires additional permissions.
- Click on Test the program.
- Wait for a moment till the program launch.
- Click Next.
- Select “Yes, save these settings for this program”.
- Wait for resolving the issue.
- Make sure the final status is fixed.
- Click Close.
Method (3) – Set Visual Studio to Run as Administrator :
- Right click on VS > Select Properties.
- Click on Compatibility Tab > Check Run this program as an administrator.
Sometimes, you may not find the compatibility tab.thence, you should navigate to
- Shortcut tab > Advanced > Check Run as Administrator.
The visual Studio should now be opened properly with elevated permissions.