When I tried to Check In a file inside SharePoint Designer, I got the following error:
We can’t do that for you because the file is no longer checked out or has been deleted
I have already tried to
- Close Share Point Designer and restart it again,
- Close SPD then clear cache from the following folder:
%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Web Server Extensions\Cache
But unfortunately, the problem still persists,
- Right click on the affected file > Select Edit file in advanced mode.
- Right click again on the affected file > Select properties.
- The properties page should be shown.
- Remove URL > Change the title to an appropriate name by avoiding using disallowed character.
- The affected file should be now checked in properly.