During checking the Health analyzer in SharePoint 2013 Central Administration I found out below Configuration category the following error.
A State Service Application has no database defined.
This problem might occur because of
- All databases associated with the State Service service application was deleted.
- All databases associated with the State Service service application was not created.
- Open Central administration as farm account.
- Application Management > Service Application > Manage Service Application.
- Select State Service Application.
- Click Delete from the Ribbon.
- Check Delete data associated with the service application.
- Repeat the previous steps to delete State Service Application Proxy.
- Open SharePoint Management Shell as administrator.
- Create a New State Service Application with its proxy by typing the following cmdlets one by one.
$serviceApp = New-SPStateServiceApplication -Name "State Service Application" New-SPStateServiceDatabase -Name "SharePoint_Service_StateDB" -ServiceApplication $serviceApp New-SPStateServiceApplicationProxy -Name "State Service Application Proxy" -ServiceApplication $serviceApp -DefaultProxyGroup
- Go back to check the Health Analyzer issue list where the error should now be disappeared from it.