In the previous “SQL Server evaluation period has expired, How to extend it?” article, I have explained How to extend the evaluation period for SQL Server 2012?.
In this hint, I will try to answer the below questions:
- How to Extend the SQL Server Evaluation Period?
- What happened after the extended SQL Server evaluation period has expired again?
- Can I Extend the extended SQL Server evaluation period after it expired again?
How to Extend the SQL Server Evaluation Period?
You can extend the SQL Server Trial period by following the mentioned instructions at “SQL Server evaluation period has expired, How to extend it?”
What happened after the extended SQL Server evaluation period has expired again?
After the extended SQL Server Evaluation Period has expired again, you can’t extend it again! you will get the following:
- When you tried to open SQL Server Management Studio, you will get
SQL Evaluation Period has expired
- The SQL Services are stopped.
- Unforthuantly, you can’t start it again!
The request failed or the service did not respond in a timely fashion
Can I Extend the extended SQL Server evaluation period after it expired again?
Unfortunately, You can’t, you should
- Purchase a new SQL Server license.
- Build a new SQL Server Trial Environment.
- Or try to do the below workaround.
Extend the SQL Evaluation period after the second expiration
In this case, you should do the following:
- Just Change the machine date to a specific date where the SQL server was worked properly.
- Set the date to a specific date where the SQL server had worked properly. In my case, it was 1-07-2015.
- Open SQL Server Configuration Manager.
- You will note that all SQL Services stopped!
- Try to start each service one by one.
- The services should be started properly.
- Go back to SSMS, it should be working properly without the expiration message.
Note: Don’t forget to reset the machine date again to today.
Note: After closing SQL Management Studio, the aboved steps will be expired, and you will need to repeat it again to be able to run SQL Management Studio without expiration message.
- SQL Server 2012.