Sometimes, you might need to get the Active Directory groups in which a user is a member specifically if you didn’t have access permission to Active Directory server where you don’t have a GUI to go to user properties and checks the “Member Of” tab.
In this case, so you only have an option to to get the Active Directory groups in which a user is a member via command line. by following the mentioned steps below:
- Run Command Prompt / Windows Power-Shell as administrator.
- Run the following command.
net user /domain username
- In my scenario, I need to know if the “spepmfarm” belong to “epmsys” group or not.
net user /domain spepmfarm
- Check Global Group Membership line to find all groups in which “spepmfarm” is amember.
- You could also find other useful details like (last login ,last password set and more).