In this hint, I will solve the below SharePoint issue
New web application button disabled in SharePoint Central Administration
I tried to create a new SharePoint web application via Central Administration.
- Application management > New Web application.
But unfortunately, the New SharePoint web application button is disabled as shown below:
The “New SharePoint web application button is disabled” issue usually occurs in case, the current user didn’t have a sufficient privilege to create a new web application.
Enable New SharePoint web application button in Central Administration
- Make sure that the current login account is
- SharePoint Farm account.
- Or a member of SharePoint Farm Administrator group.
- Try to run Central Administration as administrator as shown below.
If the issue still persists, you should ensure that
- The user should be a member in farm administrator group and local administrator group on the server.
- The central administration URL should be added within local intranet zone by following the mentioned steps below:
- Open IE > Navigate to Central Admin > Go to tools menu > Internet Options
- Security Tab > Local Intranet > Click on sites button > Check automatically detect intranet network > Click Advanced button > Click Add button > Close.
- Try to restart IE again,The new button should be enabled.
Note: If the issue still persists, you should use the Setup user administrator account that has been used to set up SharePoint.
- SharePoint 2016
- SharePoint 2013.
- SharePoint 2010.