I tried to create a new web application via Central Administration > application management > New Web application. but unfortunately, the New button was disabled as shown below:
This issue usually occurs because the current user didn’t have a sufficient privilege to create a new web application.
Try to run Central Administration as administrator as shown below.
If the issue still persists, you should ensure that
- The user should be a member in farm administrator group and local administrator group on the server.
- The central administration URL should be added within local intranet zone by following the mentioned steps below:
- Open IE > Navigate to Central Admin > Go to tools menu > Internet Options
- Security Tab > Local Intranet > Click on sites button > Check automatically detect intranet network > Click Advanced button > Click Add button > Close.
- Try to restart IE again,The new button should be now enabled.
If the issue still persists, you should use the Setup user administrator account that has been used to set up SharePoint.