When I tried to install SharePoint Server 2013 prerequisites using ISO image where the server need to restart to complete the installation process, and after the restart operation has been completed, I got the following error.
The system cannot find the drive specified.
This error usually occurs because of restarting the server will result in ejecting any mounted ISO file. Thence, the system cannot find the drive specified.
- Click on OK within the error message. Hence, the Command Prompt will disappear.
- Go back to mount the SharePoint media (ISO image).
- Don’t try to run “prerequisiteInstaller.exe” again, to avoid restarting the installation from scratch.
- Run CMD as administrator.
- Navigate to the drive that ISO image was mounted. (In my scenario it’s I:\ )
- Type “pre” then press tab to autocomplete the file name > Press space > Type /continue as shown below:
- The “prerequisiteInstaller.exe” should be now started from the last point after server restart.
- The Preparation tool should be now completed successfully.