If you tried to sign in to any of your accounts via any browser, you will not that the browser offers to save your password to remember it in next time.
Indded, It’s a useful feature if you are using your PC. But sometimes, it let you forget your password.
In my scenario, I forget my Gmail password that has been saved within Google Chrome browser, and I need to know what’s the saved password without resetting it. In this case, I will follow the mentioned steps below to show the hidden saved password.
- Open Gmail account using Google Chrome.
- Click F12 to show the developer tools.
- Use the selector arrow (ctrl+shift+c) to inspect the password field, In left side page the password field should be selected like this.
- In right side page, you will find the password field code was selected.
- Double click on password in type attribute
- Type text instead of password
- Now the password should be shown like this