I am working on SharePoint 2013 environment, and when I tried to submit a page for approval via Google Chrome,
I got a blank page without showing the approval workflow task form as shown below.
Also, I got the following Security Warning
This problem usually occurs if the current page has been hosted within a secure HTTPS environment. Meanwhile, it embeds unsecured HTTP contents/scripts
In my scenario, the SSL certificate has been configured on Load-Balancer, not on the application server. Therefore, the traffic encrypted up to the Load-Balancer, then it cleared between the Load-Balancer and the application server and that called SSL offloading.
So that, if you are going to browse a SharePoint site via HTTPS secure connection that embeds unsecured HTTP content/scripts within its pages. Thence, the traffic between Load-Balancer and the application server will be unsecured, and you will get this issue
This page is trying to load scripts from unauthenticated sources
I have two solutions for this issue and feel free to pipe in, in the comments if you have something to share.
- A temporary solution from the client side.
- A permanent solution from Load-Balancer side.
1. Regarding temporary solution from client side, you can quickly load unsafe scripts by
- Clicking on Load unsafe scripts link.
- This action will force showing the approval workflow task form
- Click on Start to initiate the workflow but unfortunately, you will get the following critical error:
- I do not despair, and I clicked on Start Over again to force starting the task.
- I checked the ribbon to make sure it has been submitted.
- Also, I went back to Site Content > Task list to ensure that the task has been assigned.
Note: I am using Google Chrome because Internet Explorer not force loading of unsafe script else you enabled Display Mix Content.
2. Regarding the permanent solution from Load-Balancer side.
As I mentioned before the previous solution is temporary that done via client, and you would try to solve this issue permanently by cooperating with system engineer (Load-Balancer responsible) to add URI Rule by following the mentioned steps below:
- With rewrite profile (I use F5 Load-Balancer):
- Create URI Rule and don’t forget the trailing slash.
- In VS config.
Ref: Load-Balancer Configuration