In this article, I will solve the below issue
Couldn’t find Office/SharePoint Template in Visual Studio 2015
When I tried to create a new SharePoint 2016 solution via Visual Studio 2015, I couldn’t find Office/SharePoint Template.
Microsoft Office Developer Tools Preview 2 for Visual Studio 2015 is not installed.
Microsoft Office Developer Tools Preview 2 for Visual Studio 2015 enables you to develop SharePoint solutions and add-ins for SharePoint 2016 that includes
- Create new Office add-in projects using templates specific to an Office application (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint).
- Support new Office features such as add-in commands, Fabric UI, and new functionalities in Office.js.
Install Office Developer Tools
To install Office Developer Tools, you should follow the mentioned steps below:
- Download Microsoft Office Developer Tools Preview 2 for Visual Studio 2015.
- Double click on the download file to launch the Windows Platform Installer.
- Click install.
- Click on Direct Download Link.
- After the file download has been completed > Double-click on the file to install the office/SharePoint Tools > click install.
- After the installation Process has been completed > Open Visual Studio > New Project > Navigate > Expand the preferred language.
- Office/SharePoint Template should be now listed.
- Visual Studio 2015.
- SharePoint 2016.
- SharePoint 2013.