In this article, I’ll show How to
Change the Workflow Actions language in SharePoint Designer
I tried to create a new workflow via Sharepoint Designer 2013, I observed that the Workflow actions and conditions shown in the Arabic Language.
But, I would like to develop the SharePoint Workflow In SharePoint Designer with other languages like English.
I checked SharePoint Site Settings > Site Administration > Language settings
I found out
- Default language: Arabic.
- Alternative language: English.
I also tried to change the SharePoint Designer Options > Language > Choose Editing language from Arabic to English. but to no avail!
Unfortunately, You can’t change SharePoint Workflow Actions language by any means.
The SharePoint Designer Workflow actions language depends on the default language that has been selected in “Template Selection” at the time of creating the new SharePoint site.
Switch The SharePoint Designer Workflow Language
There’s no direct solution to overcome this issue. But I figured out a workaround solution to change SharePoint Workflow Actions language by following the below steps:
Note: you should make sure that you have already installed the language pack of your desired language that you need to use to develop your SharePoint Designer workflow.
- Create a new subsite with the preferred default language that you want to develop your SharePoint Designer workflow.
- Site Action > Site Contents.
- Scroll down to create a new subsite.
- In “Template Selection“, select the preferred language that you would like to use in SharePoint Designer workflow actions.
You don’t need to create a new site if you already have a site with the prefered language.
- At the main site > Save the desired list that you need to apply workflow on it as a template and create a new one at the subsite from this template.
- Open SharePoint Designer > Open the main site > Navigate to subsites > Open the new one created.
- Create a new List Workflow.
- The Workflow Actions and Conditions language should be now displaying the desired language which is the default language of your site.
- Develop your workflow with your desired language.
- After you finished,
- Select all stages ( CTRL + A).
- Right-click and select Copy as shown below.
- Go to The main Arabic site > Edit your workflow.
- Below the default stage > Right click > Select Paste as shown below.
- Once the workflow stages pasted, the Workflow Actions and Conditions Language will be changed automatically to the default SharePoint site language of your current site.
- SharePoint Online.
- SharePoint 2016.
- SharePoint 2013.
- SharePoint 2010.
- SharePoint Designer 2013.
- SharePoint Designer 2010.