Microsoft announced the launch of Microsoft and Open Source partner community at Microsoft Worldwide Partner Conference 2016,
How do communities work?
Communities provide a place for members or participants to search for information, read and post about topics of interest, and learn from each other. Depending on how the community is set up, you’ll find:
- boards where you can post questions and answers
- blogs where you can read and comment on articles
- idea exchanges where you can suggest ways improve products and vote for ideas that other community members have posted
- and more…
Guests (unregistered visitors) can browse or search the community for information. Members (registered users) can post messages or comments, track discussions, and get email notifications on posting activity and other community actions.
What is my role and responsibility in the community?
You are essential to the community, even if all you ever do is read messages or articles that someone else has posted. Communities offer all kinds of contributions: posting questions and sharing answers, leaving comments on blog articles or ideas, voting for ideas you like, or just searching for answers to your questions.
We encourage you to visit often and participate. Ask your toughest questions. Chances are someone has a solution or can point you in the right direction. If you find a solution that works, let others know and pass on your own tips and insights. You might just have the answer someone else needs.
Remember to thank community members who have helped you. Show your appreciation by giving kudos to helpful posts, accepting a solution that answers your question, or posting thank-you replies.
We want the community to be appropriate, friendly, informative, and fun for everyone.
Be sure to read the Community Terms of Service and the community’s Rules and Guidelines so that you know what to expect and what is expected of you when you’re here.
To Registering takes only a minute; all you need is a login name, a password, and an email address.
- Navigate to Microsoft and Open Source Partner Community.
- Select the way that you want to register, and follow the wizard.
Note: You must have cookies enabled in your browser to register and to sign in the community.
How do I sign in?
After you’ve registered and confirmed your registration, you can sign in and start participating.
- Click Sign In at the top of any page.
- Enter your Login name and Password.
- Click Sign In.
To get help with your password:
- Click Need help with your login name or password? at the bottom of the page.
- Enter the email address you used when you registered with the community.
- Click Reset Password.
- Check your email for your login name and a password reset link.