SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) is a server-based report generating software system from Microsoft. It is part of a suite of Microsoft SQL Server services, including SSAS (SQL Server Analysis Services) and SSIS (SQL Server Integration Services).
In this article, I will elaborate
How to install and configure SQL Server Reporting Service (SSRS) Native Mode.
- SQL Server Reporting Services SSRS 2016.
- SQL Server Reporting Services SSRS 2014
- SQL Server Reporting Services SSRS 2012.
- SQL Server Reporting Services SSRS 2008.
Install SQL Server Reporting Services SSRS
I considered you already have installed SQL Server if the SQL server is not installed check SQL Server 2012 Setup
- Mount your SQL Server Media ISO/CD > Run SQL Server Installation file > From SQL Server Installation Center > Click on Installation.
- Click on New SQL Server stand-alone installation or add features to an existing installation.
- Click OK after the Setup Support Rules have been passed.
- Check Product Updates and click Next.
- Again, Check Setup Support Rules and click Next.
- From Installation Types > Check Perform a new installation.
- From Setup Role > Select SQL Server Feature Installation.
- From Feature Selection > Below Instance Features > Select Reporting Service -Native > Click Next.
- Configure instance by setting the instance name or leave default.
- Check Disk Space Requirement > Next.
- In Server Configuration > Set SSRS Service Account > Next.
- In Reporting Service Configuration > Check Install only.
- In Error Reporting > Click Next.
- Once the Installation Configuration Rules have been passed > Click Next.
- In Ready to install > Click on Install.
- Complete the installation wizard and click Finish.
Configure SQL Server Reporting Services SSRS
- Open Reporting Service Configuration Manager.
- Click Find and select the existing instance that has been selected to add SSRS feature > Click on Connect.
- The Report Server Status should be shown with the current report server status and basic information about report server.
- Go to Service Account section to check the service account that set during the installation, you can also change the current service account through this section based on your requirement.
- Go to the Web Service URL section to configure the URL and port number for Report Service Web Service > Click On Apply to generate it.
- Got to Database section > Click on Change Database.
- Follow the Change Database wizard > Check Create a new report server database > Next.
- Select Authentication Type “SQL Server Account” > Set the Username and Password for the account that should have permission to connect to SQL server.
- Click on Test Connection > Next.
- Type your Database Name or leave it as default > Next.
- Again set the credential for the user that should have permission to access the Report Server Database.
- Review the Summary > Next.
- Wait until the Report Server Database Configuration wizard complete > Click on Finish.
- The Database section should show the current Report Server Database.
- Go to Report Manager section to configure the URL that will be used to access Report Manager. > Click on Apply.
- Try to navigate to the Report Manager URL to open Report Manager.
- Click on Report Builder to build your report.
- Click on Run.
- Great, the report builder is ready now to create your first report.
- Install and Configure SSRS 2016 step by step.
- How to Scale Out SQL Reporting Service (SSRS) to work with two Database Server (Always-on)?
- SQL Server 2012 Setup.
- SSRS Permission Issue: User does not have required permissions. Verify that sufficient permissions have been granted and Windows User Account Control (UAC) restrictions have been addressed.