Once I have published an InfoPath form that has a data connection file that stored in a data connection library, and tried to open the InfoPath form via browser, I got the following error:
An error occurred while accessing a data connection (.udcx) file that is required for this form to function correctly. The file cannot be found or you do not have permissions to access it.
I am pretty sure that the connection file is found in a data connection library and I have a permission to access it.
This issue usually occurs in a case of the data connection library and the form library is not located in the same site collection.
So when you try to publish an InfoPath form to a form library that has a data connection file. you should make sure that the file connection has been converted and added to a data connection library that is located in the same site collection that has the form library.
- Just make sure that the data connection library and the form library is located in the same site collection.
- Open your InfoPath form,
- From the above ribbon, create a new data connection that receives data from a database (SQL data connection only).
- Once you have finished the data connection wizard, convert the data connection to a file connection.
- Make sure that you will add the data connection file to a data connection library that located in the same site collection that has the form library that holds the InfoPath form.
- Save & Publish your InfoPath form again, try to open it from a browser, the issue should be now solved.