In this hint, I’ll elaborate
- Why is the Security Setting missing by default in Project Server 2013 / 2016?
- How to show the Security Setting in PWA Settings?
You should be aware of The security setting is only activated in the Project Server Permission Mode.
In Project Server 2013 / 2016, There is two permission mode :
- SharePoint Permission Mode.(Default)
- Project Permission Mode.
By default, Project server activates the SharePoint Permission mode, and in this case, the security section does not appear in PWA Settings.
In SharePoint Permission Mode,
- You cannot edit the default permissions assigned to any of these SharePoint groups.
- You cannot create additional custom groups.
- You cannot create additional custom categories.
- There is no (Resource Breakdown Structure) RBS filtering.
- The user delegation feature is not available.
- The Impersonation is not available.
To show the Security section in PWA settings, you should activate the Project Permission Mode via Powershell by running Set-SPProjectPermissionMode cmdlet.
|Before you decide to switch from one Permission Mode to another, you should be aware of all the current activated Permission Mode configurations settings will be deleted and can’t be restored.|
- Open SharePoint Management Shell as Administrator.
- Run the below cmdlet.
Set-SPPRojectPermissionMode -Url 'PWA URL' -AdministratorAccount 'domain\adminaccount' -Mode ProjectServer
Set-SPPRojectPermissionMode -Url 'PWA URL' -Mode ProjectServer
- Once you have activated Project Server Permission Mode you should now see the security section within PWA Settings as shown below
To switch from Project Server Permission Mode to SharePoint Permission Mode,
You should run the below cmdlet by running SharePoint Management Shell as Administrator.
Set-SPPRojectPermissionMode -Url 'PWA URL' -AdministratorAccount 'domain\adminaccount' -Mode SharePoint
Set-SPPRojectPermissionMode -Url 'PWA URL' -Mode SharePoint
If the SharePoint Mode has been activated and you intend to switch to Project Server Mode, you should be aware of the SharePoint Permission Mode configurations settings will be removed and vice versa.
- SharePoint 2013
- SharePoint 2016