In this hint, I’ll show How to Install Office Developer Tools for Visual Studio 2017 to avoid Missing Office / SharePoint template in Visual Studio 2017.
By dint of the “New Installation Experience (Workloads)” in Visual Studio 2017 that allow to Install Office Developer Tools directly without download Office Developer Tools from the Web Platform Installer as was in previous versions of Visual Studio.
- Open Visual Studio 2017 Installer.
- Click on Modify.
- In New Installation Experience, Specifically in “Workloads Tab”.
- Select “Office / SharePoint Development“.
- Wait until the installation finished.
- Once the installation is finished, Click on Launch button to open Visual Studio 2017.
Visual Studio 2017 is supported for SharePoint 2016, SharePoint 2013 and Office 365.
- Great, the “Office / SharePoint template” is now listed.
- Visual Studio 2017 has landed.
- Missing Office / SharePoint template in Visual Studio 2015.
- Missing SharePoint 2016 Project Template in Visual Studio 2015.
- Couldn’t find office/SharePoint template in Visual Studio Community 2013.