In this article, I’ll show How to
Group By ‘Content-Type’ field in SharePoint list view
I have a SharePoint list with two Content Type eg: Item and Announcement,
I need to display the view grouped by the Content-Type field as shown below:
I tried to modify the view.
But unfortunately, There is no field called Content Type in Group By section as shown below.
- Modify your view > In the Group by section, > select any field like Title.
- Open SharePoint Designer > From the left menue > Select List & Library > Click on your List .
- In View Section, Click on your view to edit it.
- Search for a <view> tag.
- Scroll horizontally till get the <GroupBy> tag as shown below.
- In <GroupBy> tag, Change the Name value to ContentType.
- Open your view, It should be now grouped by Content type.
- SharePoint 2016.
- SharePoint 2013.
- SharePoint 2010.
- SharePoint Online.
In this article, I have explained How to Group By “Content-Type” field in SharePoint List view?