In this post, I will explain the detail steps of raising the below bug In Project Server 2016 /2013.
The search in Arabic in Lookup Table Custom Field is not working properly in Project Server 2016 / 2013.
In case, you suffer from this issue, Please visit User’s Voice to vote for Support for the Arabic language in Lookup Table Custom Field in Project Server 2016 / 2013 to be resolved as soon as possible.
In Project Server 2016 / 2013, I tried to create a lookup table with Arabic Entries by doing the following:
- Go to PWA Settings.
- Below Enterprise Data, Click on Enterprise Custom Fields and Lookup Tables.
- Scroll down to Lookup Tables for Custom Fields.
- Create a new Lookup Table with Text type.
- Add Arabic Entries.
- Go back to create a custom field that will get the data from the created lookup table.
- Add now your new custom field in Project Detail Pages (Project Information Page).
- Go back to Add a new project, you will note that
The Search in Lookup Table Field for Arabic Entries is not working as shown below.
Although, I have patched my Project Server 2016 farm with March 2017 Cumulative Update and tried to apply the same scenario to Project Server 2013. But unfortunately, this issue still persists, looks like it’s a bug in Project Server 2013 / 2016, I think in Project Online too.
Based on my humble knowledge there is no any solution or workaround for this issue yet. So Please vote for this problem at User’s Voice to be resolved as soon as possible.