In this article, I will discuss and solve the issue of
Missing Delegation Feature in PWA Settings in Project Server 2016 / 2013.
In PWA Settings, you can’t find the Delegation Options below Personal Settings as shown below:
This issue occurs because of the current PWA Instance Permission Mode is SharePoint Permission Mode, and the Manage Delegates option is only available in the Project Permission Mode.
|In SharePoint Permission Mode,
Note: If the Project Permission Mode is already activated and you still can’t find Manage Delegates option, so in this case, it’s a permission issue that I have solved at Project Server 2016: Missing ‘Manage Delegates’ Option In PWA Setting
To show the Manage Delegates options in PWA settings, you should activate the Project Permission Mode via Powershell by running Set-SPProjectPermissionMode cmdlet.
|Before you decide to switch from one Permission Mode to another, you should be aware of all the current activated Permission Mode configurations settings will be deleted and can’t be restored.|
- Open SharePoint Management Shell as Administrator.
- Switch to the Project Permission Mode by running the Set-SPProjectPermissionMode cmdlet as the following:
Set-SPPRojectPermissionMode -Url 'PWA URL' -AdministratorAccount 'domain\adminaccount' -Mode ProjectServer
Set-SPPRojectPermissionMode -Url 'PWA URL'-Mode ProjectServer
- Go back to the PWA Setting, The Delegation Options should be now shown.
- Project Server 2013.
- Project Server 2016.
In this article, we have solved the issue of Missing Delegation Feature in PWA Settings in Project Server 2016 / 2013.
- Project Server 2016: SharePoint Permission Mode Vs Project Permission Mode.
- Project Server 2016: Missing Security Settings in PWA Settings.