In this article, I will explain
How to bulk add projects from a SharePoint List into Project Server 2016?
I have a “New Projects” SharePoint list, and I need to bulk add all list project items to Project Center in Project Server.
In Project Server 2013 /2016 as well as Project Online, you can easily import SharePoint list items into Project server by using “Create Project” button as shown below:
The “Create Project” button will help you to create multiple projects from the sharepoint list items by mapping the SharePoint list columns with the Project Web App Fields.
This way would facilitate the Project creation process especially for the users who are not familiar with creating a new project in Project Center.
Note: There is no a specific number for the selected list items that will be converted/imported to Project Server. this is mainly depends on the current hardware specifications of your farm. Meanwhile, it’s recommended to convert from 5 to 10 list items to projects per one time.
- In PWA site collection or any other subsite below the PWA, Create a new custom List > Create your fields based on your Project Custom field or as you prefer.
- Add a new item in the newly created list.
- Select One or multiple list items, and from the above ribbon, click on Create Projects.
- The Create Project in Project web app dialog should be shown,
- It contains the below sections:
- Field Mapping: to map the column list with Project Fields.
- Enterprise Project Type: to choose your Project type
- Enterprise Project.
- SharePoint Task List.
- Additional Settings: to
- Create a new enterprise custom field in Project Web App.
- Create a new enterprise project type in Project Web App.
- Reload the list of fields and project types.
- Now Map your column list with the Project Fields, then select the enterprise project type, then click on Create Projects.
- Great, the two Projects have been bulked created from SharePoint List items.
- Now, you should Go back to Project Center to make sure that the Projects have been created and listed in Project Center successfully.
- Project Server 2016.
- Project Server 2013.
- Project Online.
In this article, I have explained
- How to create a new project based on a SharePoint List item by mapping a the List Fields with Project Server Custom Feilds in Project Server 2016?
- How to add bulk Projects To Project Server?
Check a Related Question in StackExchange.