In this article, I will explain
How to create a new project based on a SharePoint List item by mapping a the List Fields with Project Server Custom Feilds in Project Server 2016?
In our organization, we would like to create a “New Project Idea” SharePoint list, and once the new Idea is approved, we could be able to create a new project from a SharePoint list item.
In Project Server 2013 /2016, we are able to create a simple custom SharePoint list, then map its fields with Project Custom field.
Creating a Project from a list item would facilitate the Project creation process espicially for the users who are not familiar with creating a new project in Project Center.
- In PWA site collection or any other sub site below the PWA, Create a new custom List > Create your fields based on your Project Custom field or as you prefer.
- Add a new item in the newly created list.
- Select One or multiple list items, and from the above ribbon, click on Create Projects.
- The Create Project in Project web app dialog should be shown,
- It contains the below sections:
- Field Mapping: to map the column list with Project Fields.
- Enterprise Project Type: to choose your Project type
- Enterprise Project.
- SharePoint Task List.
- Additional Settings: to
- Create a new enterprise custom field in Project Web App.
- Create a new enterprise project type in Project Web App.
- Reload the list of fields and project types.
- Now Map your column list with the Project Fields, then select the enterprise project type, then click on Create Projects.
- Great, the two Projects have been bulked created from SharePoint List items.
- Now, you should Go back to Project Center to make sure that the Projects have been created and listed in Project Center successfully.
- Project Server 2016.
- Project Server 2013.
- Project Online.
In this article, I have explained
- How to create a new project based on a SharePoint List item by mapping a the List Fields with Project Server Custom Feilds in Project Server 2016?
- How to Create a Bulk Projects In Project Server?
Check a Related Question in StackExchange.