I have tried to click on edit list in SharePoint Designer option from the list ribbon,
but unfortunately, I got the below error.
This o15.officeredir.microsoft.com page can’t be found
No webpage was found for the web address:http://o15.officeredir.microsoft.com/r/rlidSPD2013Download?clid=undefined
HTTP ERROR 404
I have SharePoint Server 2013, and the SharePoint Designer 2013 is already installed.
Also, in Central Administration, the SharePoint Designer has been allowed to be used in this Web Application as shown below.
This issue occurs in case you are using Google Chrome to edit your list via SharePoint Designer in SharePoint 2013.
Note: In SharePoint 2016, Edit list in SharePoint Designer option is working propely in Internet Explorer and Google Chrome.
In SharePoint 2013, to use Edit list in SharePoint Designer option from the list ribbon, you should use Internet Explorer, this option is not working in Google Chrome.
- Open Internet Explorer > Browse your List > click on Edit List
- you should now get the below dialog > click allow editing your list in SharePoint designer.
In case you have clicked allow button and you got the below warning message
This web site has been configured to disallow editing with SharePoint Designer
That means the Sharepoint designer is not allowed to be used in this web application.
To solve this issue, you should do the following:
- Open Central Administration > Application Management > Manage web Application.
- Click on your web application, from the above ribbon, click on General Setting > SharePoint Designer.
- At Allow SharePoint Designer to be used in this Web Application, check Enable SharePoint Designer.
SharePoint Server 2013.