In this article, I will try to solve the below issue in Project Server 2016.
Changing the “Site Title” is not reflected in Seattle Master Page in Project Server 2016.
By default in Project Server 2016, the assigned Master Page for the PWA Instance is Seattle with Home word as a Site Title as shown below:
So I have tried to change the PWA Site Title through
- Site Settings > Look and Feel > Title, Description and Logo.
But unfortunately, The new Site Title is not changed as shown below:
Actually, I didn’t face this issue before in Project Server 2013 with Seattle Master Page, and I think it’s a bug in Project Server 2016. So I raised this bug in Project User Voice.
Please don’t forget to upvote this voice to get this issue solved as soon as possible!
By the way, The farm has been updated with the latest Cumulative update (Sept 2017) for SharePoint 2016 and looks like the issue still not solved!
You have two options to overcome this bug
Switch the Master Page from Seattle Master Page to Oslo Master Page
- Site Setting > Change the look.
- Click on the Current.
- On the left side, > Site Layout > Select Oslo.
- On the right side, > Click on Try it Out > Yes Keep it.
- Go back to change the Site Title, it should be now changed.
Activate Wiki Page Home Page feature
- Site Setting > Site Action > Manage site features.
- Activate Wiki Page Home Page.
- Once the Wiki Page Home Page is activated, you will note that a new empty page (Home.aspx) has been created in the Site Pages and it set as the default homepage.
- Now edit this page and add the below two web parts from Project Web APP category.
- Get started with Project Web APP.
- Track your work.
- Stop the page editing, and go back to change the Site Title that should be now changed successfully.
Project Server 2016
- Show Hijri Date in Project Center / PDP (Project UserVoice)
- Support for the Arabic language in Lookup Table Custom Field in Project Server 2016 / 2013.
- Search in Arabic in lookup table custom field is not working in project server 2016 / 2013.
- This feature requires either a Gregorian calendar or a calendar that uses a Gregorian recurrence pattern in Project Server