In this article, I will continue exploring another new amazing reporting feature that is
The Selection Pane In Power BI.
Selection Pane In Power BI
Selection Pane is a new reporting feature that announced in Power BI October 2017 update.
It’s an amazing feature specifically for complex Power BI reports with many overlapping objects. it lists all the visualization parts in the current report page and allows you to hide and show these parts as you prefer.
Additionally, you can bookmark the report with the hidden parts to generate smoothly navigation for multiple reports from the main report based on your requirements.
Hide Objects On the Current Report Page.
You can easily use the selection pane to hide objects on the current report page by doing the following:
- Open your Report.
- From View Tab, > Check the Selection Pane.
- The selection Pane should be shown and list all the visualization parts on the current report page.
- To hide a specific object,
- Just click on the visual in your report part to be selected directly in the selection pane so you can easily decide to hide it.
- Or from The selection Pane, just click on the eye icon beside the name of required visual.
Rename an object in the Selection Pane In Power BI
Unfortunately, you can’t rename the object in the selection pane. meanwhile, you can change the visual object title itself as the following:
- Click on the object that you would like to rename it.
- The visualization Pane should be shown, click on Format.
- Turn on the title if it was turned off, then add the preferred name.
Note: you can turn off the title back if you don’t need to show it above the visual on the report page, fortunately, the title in selection pane is linked to the visual title whatever it’s turned on or off.
You can easily Hide all shown objects on the current report page by clicking on the “Hide All” button as shown below.
Show the hidden Objects On the Current Report Page In Power BI
You can easily reshow the hidden objects in your report page by doing the following:
- Open your Report.
- From View Tab > Check the Selection Pane.
- The selection Pane should be shown and list all the visualization parts on the current report page whatever it was shown or already hidden.
- All the hidden objects show the line icons next to them. Just click on the visual that you prefer to show
You can easily show all hidden objects by clicking on the “Show all” button as shown below.
In this article, I have explored the Selection Pane feature that released in the Power BI October 2017 update.