In Project Server 2016 / 2013, if you tried to open a project using Microsoft Project in Google Chrome, you will get the below error.
Sorry, we were unable to open your project. Please try again. if this happens again, contact your administrator
It’s a compatibility issue in Google Chrome, I have already raised it in Project User Voice at
Instead, you should use
- Internet Explorer.
Note: the Google Chrome is not fully supported for Project Server 2010. For more details check Project Server 2010 requires at least Microsoft Internet Explorer 7.
Open Task List In Microsoft Project
You may face the same issue
“Sorry, we were unable to open your project. Please try again. if this happens again, contact your administrator“
When you try to open a SharePoint Task List using Microsoft Project,
This issue might occur in case the SharePoint URL site is not added to the trusted sites in Internet Explorer.
To add the Site URL to the Trusted site in Internet Explorer, you should do the following:
- Open the Internet Explorer.
- From Tools menu,> Click on Internet Options.
- At Security Tab, > Click on Trusted Sites.
- Click on Sites Button > Add the Site URL > Close > Ok.
- Restart the browser, try again to use “Open Task List in Project” that should be now working properly.
- Project Server 2016.
- Project Server 2013.
In this post, I have explained
- The alternative solutions to overcome the compatibility issue between the Microsoft Project and Chrome.
- Fixing the opening a task list in Microsoft Project issue.