In this article, I will fix the below SharePoint Prerequisites download error:
Error: The tool was unable to download Microsoft SQL Server 2012 Native Client. Please check your Internet connection and try again.
Although I have an Internet Connection on the SharePoint Server, The SharePoint Preparation tool raised a download error when downloading and installing the SharePoint prerequisites.
• Web Server (IIS) Role: configured successfully
• Microsoft SQL Server 2012 Native Client: download error
• Microsoft ODBC Driver 11 for SQL Server: Installation skipped
• Microsoft Sync Framework Runtime v1.0 SP1 (x64): Installation skipped
• Windows Server AppFabric: Installation skipped
• Microsoft Identity Extensions: Installation skipped
• Microsoft Information Protection and Control Client 2.1: Installation skipped
• Microsoft WCF Data Services 5.6: Installation skipped
• Cumulative Update Package 7 for Microsoft AppFabric 1.1 for Windows Server (KB3092423): Installation skipped
• Microsoft .NET Framework 4.6: equivalent products already installed (no action taken)
• Visual C++ Redistributable Package for Visual Studio 2012: Installation skipped
• Visual C++ Redistributable Package for Visual Studio 2015: Installation skipped
This issue usually occurs in case:
- No Internet connection already exists.
- There is Internet Access but the download from Microsoft site is not allowed.
- Internet Explorer Download Setting is not enabled.
You may be interested to check SharePoint Configuration Wizard: Failed to create the configuration database.
- Make Sure that the Web Server Role is added and configured properly.
- Make sure the .Net framework 3.5 feature has been installed.
- Make sure that you can access the internet by opening the Internet Explorer and browsing the Microsoft site.
- Make sure that the Download settings is enabled in Internet Explorer.
- Tools > Internet Options > Security > Internet > Custom level > Download > Enabled.
- Try manually to download one of the SharePoint prerequisites.
- Select ‘Always Allow’ in the option for this site.
- Run the SharePoint Prerequisites tool as Administrator, it would be working to download and install the required files.
- Great, all SharePoint prerequisites have been downloaded and installed successfully!
If you have followed the above steps, and still you face the download error issue, please check SharePoint Preparation Tool Download Error
- SharePoint 2016.
- SharePoint 2013.
- SharePoint 2010.
In this article, I have explained how to adjust your Internet Explorer settings to can download and install the SharePoint prerequisites properly.
- Failed to create the configuration database. An exception of type microsoft.Sharepoint.Upgrade.Spupgradeexception was thrown.
- Your current security settings do not allow this file to be downloaded.
- SharePoint Preparation Tool Download Error.