In this hint, I’ll show How to Group By ‘Content-Type’ field in SharePoint list view?Scenario:
In this article, I’ll explain How to Migrate / Move a PWA Instance from one farm to another in Project Server 2013?
Project Server 2013 Migration Steps: Continue reading “Project Server 2013 Migration from Staging to Production Farm”
In this article, I’ll explain How to show and hide fields based on a Choice field selection in ‘New Form’, ‘Edit Form’ and ‘Display Form’ in SharePoint 2013 / 2016 via SPUtility.js?
- Download SPUtility.js.
- Upload the downloaded file (SPUtility.js) to an appropriate place in SharePoint Site like ‘Style Library’.
- Create a Custom list.
- Add a choice field displayed as ‘Drop-Down Menu‘.
- Fill your choices as you need.
- Add the fields that you need to show or hide based on the selected value of choice field.
In this hint, I’ll elaborate How to show/hide a DIV tag based on a user existence in a specific group with a specific permission in SharePoint via SPServices?Scenario:
Consider you have a SharePoint Page that holds a 2 Script Editor Web Part or more, and each Script Editor Web Part has its independent DIV as shown below.Now, you need to hide the left (DIV) with ‘
< div id="ID1"> Qassas div ID1< /div >‘ from all users who belong to a specific SharePoint Group in your SharePoint site.
In this hint, I’ll show How to Install Office Developer Tools for Visual Studio 2017 to avoid Missing Office / SharePoint template in Visual Studio 2017.
By dint of the “New Installation Experience (Workloads)” in Visual Studio 2017 that allow to Install Office Developer Tools directly without download Office Developer Tools from the Web Platform Installer as was in previous versions of Visual Studio.
On 7, 8 March 2017, Microsoft celebrates 20 years of Visual Studio, announce the release of Visual Studio 2017.
If you missed anything from the Visual Studio 2017 launch, catch up on all the news, the keynote, and technical sessions on demand. Watch Now
In this article, I will briefly answer the following questions
- What’s new in Visual Studio 2017?
- What’re the system requirements for Visual Studio 2017?
- What’re the platforms targeting Visual Studio 2017?
- Which are the SharePoint Versions supporting in Visual Studio 2017?
- Where can I get training for Visual Studio 2017?
- Which edition should I download for Visual Studio 2017?
It’s heavily recommended to check the Hardware and software requirements for SharePoint Server 2016 before you are going to Install SharePoint 2016,
In Hardware and software requirements for SharePoint Server 2016 article, specifically in Database Server requirements section, you will note that the database server requirements is one of the following:
- The 64-bit edition of Microsoft SQL Server 2014 Service Pack 1 (SP1)
- Microsoft SQL Server 2016 RTM.
Actually, that made me puzzled to maintain the compatibility of SQL Server 2014 SP2 or SQL Server 2016 SP1 with SharePoint 2016! until
Continue reading “Is SQL Server 2016 SP1 supported for SharePoint 2016?”