In this article, I will explain
Check the connectivity between Application Server and SQL Server Instance in Database Server.
If you are working in an implementation team, you will walk through the following:
- Check the connectivity between the application server and database server.
- Make sure that the SQL Server port (default is 1433) is opened and accessible through the application server.
- Make sure that the web site application pool account can access a specific database.
- Make sure that the SQL Server account can access a specific database.
Check the connectivity between the application server and database server.
Continue reading How to Check SQL Server Instance Connectivity from the application server to database server for a specific user
In this article, I’ll show How to
Get the build number of the latest Cumulative Update / Service Pack that has been installed in SQL Server.
I decided to configure PowerPivot for SharePoint 2013 Enterprise Edition with Service Pack 1 that requires installing SQL Server 2012 Service Pack 1 as a prerequisite.
So that I need to check if the SQL Server Service Pack 1 has been installed on SQL Server or not!
So in this article, by getting the build number of the latest Cumulative Update / Service Pack that has been installed in SQL Server by following the mentioned below:
The Major factor that faces me when I was trying to create a Shrink a transaction log file Maintenance Plan is the shrink option in Maintenance Tasks that include shrink operation for both data file and transaction log file, and there is not an option for only log file!
In this article, I am trying to perform a shrink operation for only the transaction log file via Maintenance Plan to run on a regular basis or on demand based on your requirement.
Before you start, you should be aware of the following
- To create or manage maintenance plans, you must be a member
of the sysadmin fixed server role.
- The SQL Server performance will be affected during executing The Shrink operation. Thence, I advise performing the shrink operation out working hours.
- The Shrink operation causes index fragmentation and can slow the performance of queries that search a range of the index. So you should consider rebuilding the indexes to eliminate the fragmentation before the shrink operation has been completed .
Therefore, It’s not recommended to perform the shrink operation periodically! Only in some circumstances that you need to reduce the physical size. (Check the possible responses to a full transaction log and suggested how to avoid it in the future).
Steps: Continue reading Shrink a transaction log file Maintenance Plan in SQL Server