In this article, I’ll show How to
Get the build number of the latest Cumulative Update / Service Pack that has been installed in SQL Server.
I decided to configure PowerPivot for SharePoint 2013 Enterprise Edition with Service Pack 1 that requires installing SQL Server 2012 Service Pack 1 as a prerequisite.
So that I need to check if the SQL Server Service Pack 1 has been installed on SQL Server or not!
So in this article, by getting the build number of the latest Cumulative Update / Service Pack that has been installed in SQL Server by following the mentioned below:
The Major factor that faces me when I was trying to create a Shrink a transaction log file Maintenance Plan is the shrink option in Maintenance Tasks that include shrink operation for both data file and transaction log file, and there is not an option for only log file!
In this article, I am trying to perform a shrink operation for only the transaction log file via Maintenance Plan to run on a regular basis or on demand based on your requirement.
Before you start, you should be aware of the following
- To create or manage maintenance plans, you must be a member
of the sysadmin fixed server role.
- The SQL Server performance will be affected during executing The Shrink operation. Thence, I advise performing the shrink operation out working hours.
- The Shrink operation causes index fragmentation and can slow the performance of queries that search a range of the index. So you should consider rebuilding the indexes to eliminate the fragmentation before the shrink operation has been completed .
Therefore, It’s not recommended to perform the shrink operation periodically! Only in some circumstances that you need to reduce the physical size. (Check the possible responses to a full transaction log and suggested how to avoid it in the future).
Steps: Continue reading Shrink a transaction log file Maintenance Plan in SQL Server
In the previous “SQL Server evaluation period has expired, How to extend it?” article, I have explained How to extend the evaluation period for SQL Server 2012?.
In this hint, I will try to answer the below questions:
- How to Extend the SQL Server Evaluation Period?
- What happened after the extended SQL Server evaluation period has expired again?
- Can I Extend the extended SQL Server evaluation period after it expired again?
How to Extend the SQL Server Evaluation Period?
Continue reading Extend the Extended SQL Server Trial Period