In some scenarios, you may need to share the same content to different types of users [Internal / External] through different URLs or different authentication types. In this case, you will need to extend your SharePoint web application.
Before we begin to explain How to extend a web application, you should first be aware of the following.
- When the web application is extended, a different Web Application and IIS are created.
- The main Web Application and the extended one will share the same Content Database.
- You can extend the web application to change the port number. Meanwhile, you can extend the web application to port 80 in case you use Host Header.
- Extending web application is used for extranet deployments in which different users access to the same content through different domains and different authentication type. Below, I will show the simple steps to extend a SharePoint Web Application.
Continue reading “SharePoint 2016: Extend A Web Application”
In this hint, I’ll show How to Group By ‘Content-Type’ field in SharePoint list view?Scenario:
Continue reading “Group By Content-Type in SharePoint list view”
In this hint, I’ll show How to Install Office Developer Tools for Visual Studio 2017 to avoid Missing Office / SharePoint template in Visual Studio 2017.
By dint of the “New Installation Experience (Workloads)” in Visual Studio 2017 that allow to Install Office Developer Tools directly without download Office Developer Tools from the Web Platform Installer as was in previous versions of Visual Studio.
Continue reading “Missing Office / SharePoint template in Visual Studio 2017”
On 7, 8 March 2017, Microsoft celebrates 20 years of Visual Studio, announce the release of Visual Studio 2017.
If you missed anything from the Visual Studio 2017 launch, catch up on all the news, the keynote, and technical sessions on demand. Watch Now
In this article, I will briefly answer the following questions
Continue reading “Visual Studio 2017 has landed”
It’s heavily recommended to check the Hardware and software requirements for SharePoint Server 2016 before you are going to Install SharePoint 2016,
In Hardware and software requirements for SharePoint Server 2016 article, specifically in Database Server requirements section, you will note that the database server requirements is one of the following:
- The 64-bit edition of Microsoft SQL Server 2014 Service Pack 1 (SP1)
- Microsoft SQL Server 2016 RTM.
Actually, that made me puzzled to maintain the compatibility of SQL Server 2014 SP2 or SQL Server 2016 SP1 with SharePoint 2016! until
Continue reading “Is SQL Server 2016 SP1 supported for SharePoint 2016?”
As we know, we can use SharePoint as a trial version for 180 days, but What about if the SharePoint Trial Period has been expired?
In this article, I’ll try to answer the following questions related to SharePoint Trial Period and Licenses:
- Is there any way to Extend SharePoint Trial Period?
- Is there a SharePoint free key for learning and Development Purpose?
- What should I do after the SharePoint Trial Period has expired?
- Can I use SharePoint Trail Version in a production environment?
- What’s the required license for SharePoint?
- What are the types of Client Acess Licenses (CAL)?
- Can I use the same SharePoint key for multiple servers?
Continue reading “Extend SharePoint Trial Period”
In this hint, I’ll elaborate
- Why is the Security Setting missing by default in Project Server 2013 / 2016?
- How to show the Security Setting in PWA Settings?
Cause: Continue reading “Missing Security Section in PWA Settings”