In this hint, I’ll show How to Group By ‘Content-Type’ field in SharePoint list view?Scenario:
In this hint, I’ll show How to Install Office Developer Tools for Visual Studio 2017 to avoid Missing Office / SharePoint template in Visual Studio 2017.
By dint of the “New Installation Experience (Workloads)” in Visual Studio 2017 that allow to Install Office Developer Tools directly without download Office Developer Tools from the Web Platform Installer as was in previous versions of Visual Studio.
On 7, 8 March 2017, Microsoft celebrates 20 years of Visual Studio, announce the release of Visual Studio 2017.
If you missed anything from the Visual Studio 2017 launch, catch up on all the news, the keynote, and technical sessions on demand. Watch Now
In this article, I will briefly answer the following questions
- What’s new in Visual Studio 2017?
- What’re the system requirements for Visual Studio 2017?
- What’re the platforms targeting Visual Studio 2017?
- Which are the SharePoint Versions supporting in Visual Studio 2017?
- Where can I get training for Visual Studio 2017?
- Which edition should I download for Visual Studio 2017?
It’s heavily recommended to check the Hardware and software requirements for SharePoint Server 2016 before you are going to Install SharePoint 2016,
In Hardware and software requirements for SharePoint Server 2016 article, specifically in Database Server requirements section, you will note that the database server requirements is one of the following:
- The 64-bit edition of Microsoft SQL Server 2014 Service Pack 1 (SP1)
- Microsoft SQL Server 2016 RTM.
Actually, that made me puzzled to maintain the compatibility of SQL Server 2014 SP2 or SQL Server 2016 SP1 with SharePoint 2016! until
Continue reading “Is SQL Server 2016 SP1 supported for SharePoint 2016?”
As we know, we can use SharePoint as a trial version for 180 days, but What about if the SharePoint Trial Period has been expired?
In this article, I’ll try to answer the following questions related to SharePoint Trial Period and Licenses:
- Is there any way to Extend SharePoint Trial Period?
- Is there a SharePoint free key for learning and Development Purpose?
- What should I do after the SharePoint Trial Period has expired?
- Can I use SharePoint Trail Version in a production environment?
- What’s the required license for SharePoint?
- What are the types of Client Acess Licenses (CAL)?
- Can I use the same SharePoint key for multiple servers?
In this hint, I’ll elaborate
- Why is the Security Setting missing by default in Project Server 2013 / 2016?
- How to show the Security Setting in PWA Settings?
Still, I can’t find SharePoint 2016 Project Template when I tried to create a new SharePoint 2016 solution via Visual Studio 2015. Although I have installed Microsoft Office Developer Tools for Visual Studio 2015, and Office / SharePoint Template is now listed as shown below.